Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Mug Cake
When it comes to dessert, in my mind, there is no better combo than dark chocolate and peanut butter. So when your sweet tooth is craving chocolate, this keto Mug Cake recipe is a lifesaver.
Super easy dessert to whip up. Serve with keto ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream and an optional peanut butter drizzle.
How To Store Sugar Free Cake Mix Muffins
Store these muffins in an airtight container. If properly stored, they should keep for up to five days at room temperature. They can also be frozen for later enjoyment.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
Keep up to date with my recipes
Be sure to follow me on , , and to keep up to date as well.
I Watched As The Fat Melted Away & I Got My Life Back My Husband Noticed And Even My Son Told Me I Look Good Haha
- Without doing any exercise at all! Exercise is completely optional and NOT recommended when you are getting started!
- I ate all my favorite foods there wasnt one thing I was forced to eat or had to choke down!
- Within about 48 hours I got rid of all my cravings! For the first time in forever I felt like a normal person!
- I didnt ever once feel like I was starving myself or doing without
- I still went out to eat with the family knowing that I could order a regular meal that tasted good!
- The weight came off faster and easier than I ever imagined it could!
Also Check: Does Grey Goose Vodka Have Sugar
Arent You Glad About Yogurt On Keto
Yogurt is a fantastic food to include in your keto diet.
A favorite treat is to top it with a few blueberries and perhaps some full-fat whipped cream, for a tasty dessert or snack. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and youve got a total keto diet-friendly dish.
So if youve been avoiding yogurt because youre not sure you can eat it and stay in ketosis, its time to celebrate! Yogurt will support your keto diet.
Go ahead. Make yourself a yogurt treat!
Did I Cover Everything You Wanted To Know About Whether You Can Eat Unsweetened Yogurt On The Keto Diet
In this article, we took an in-depth look at the world of the keto diet and how yogurt fits in.
While yogurt is a good choice for your keto diet, there is a catch. You need to make sure to choose the right brands, go the unsweetened route, and make sure you know what youre eating.
Not all yogurt brands or types will be ketosis friendly. But hopefully, youll be leaving here today with the knowledge you need to enjoy all of the yogurt your heart desires.
Cant find a low-carb yogurt you like? You can try making your own frozen yogurt at home to get the job done.
Also Check: When Should I Test My Sugar
Kite Hill Vanilla Greek Style Almond Milk Yogurt
Net carbs: 4 g
Review score: 2 stars
I bought this in Whole Foods and its one of the nastiest things Ive ever tried to eat, so the low score is mainly based on taste. I cant provide any experience on how it impacts blood sugars as I didnt manage to eat more than a single teaspoon.
Its too bad as its one of few low-carb non-dairy options. Its made with almond milk, which means that its higher in calories and fat than most of the other low-carb yogurt options.
About This Recipe For Keto Friendly Copycat Twix Bars
This is a no added sugar recipe for a copycat peanut butter candy bar. To make this a keto low carbohydrate recipe, please make sure that the ingredients that you are using to make this recipe are all friendly to your diet.
This recipe is made in three stages.
The first stage of this recipe is making the shortbread cookie layer. Then we will top this with the peanut butter layer. Lastly, melted chocolate will cover the entire layered cookie to make the bars.
Read Also: How Do You Know If Your Sugar Is Too Low
Whats So Great About Yogurt: Probiotics
One of the great health benefits of yogurt is that it is often filled with probiotics.
Probiotics are live microorganisms that are intended to have health benefits, explains the National Institute of Health.
Probiotics are a category of bacteria that are beneficial to your health. More specifically, when eaten, probiotics contribute to the community of beneficial bacteria in your gut that affects many aspects of your health.
For example, explains the NIH, bacteria that are normally present in our intestines help digest food, destroy disease-causing microorganisms, and produce vitamins. Large numbers of microorganisms live on and in our bodies. Many of the microorganisms in probiotic products are the same as or similar to microorganisms that naturally live in our bodies.
Join The Keto 30 Guided Challenge And Save Up To 50% On Awesome Keto Products
For those of you who are looking to keto to improve your health, or just help get a sense of control over your diet, we invite you to join the next KETO 30 Guided Challenge starting soon!
to learn more about the challenge and how to save up to 50% off on the awesome products over at Keto Logic!
Recommended Reading: What Can Happen When Blood Sugar Is High
How To Choose Keto Yogurt
If you prefer not to make your own low carb yogurt, heres what to keep in mind on your next shopping trip.
- Naturally or traditionally fermented yogurt
- Unsweetened, sugar-free yogurt
- The yogurt with the highest fat content relative to other brands
- Greek or Icelandic yogurts, if available, for their higher protein contents
- Grass-fed and organic yogurt, if possible
- Yogurt with added sugar or other caloric sweeteners
- Greek-style yogurt
- Yogurt with thickeners or fillers like carrageenan or cornstarch
- Yogurt with artificial colors, artificial flavors, or other chemical additives
In a nutshell, make sure to read the label and ingredients list very carefully. The lower the carbs, the higher the protein and fat content, and the simpler the ingredients list, the better.
Milk, one or two other ingredients at most, and live cultures are all you want in your yogurt. Stay away from any yogurt with 20 ingredients that are chock-full of preservatives and other unnecessary ingredients.
Which Yogurt Has The Least Sugar
When it comes to yogurt, sometimes you might be surprised by the sugar content.
The first thing youll want to consider when it comes to yogurt thats low in sugar is the type of milk thats used.
At the end of the day, knowing your milk can help you determine the sugar content. Generally speaking, the lower the fat content of the milk, the higher the sugars.
So a whole milk yogurt will have less sugar and carbs than a low-fat or non-fat yogurt. But non-dairy unsweetened yogurts can also bee a good keto option.
If youre still a bit confused, and just want to know which yogurt types have the least sugar, then youll definitely want this cheat sheet:
- Forager Project Cashewgurt
- Wallaby Greek yogurt
- Siggis 4% Milkfat
These four brands and yogurt types will definitely be some of the best when it comes to low sugar.
Before you start binge eating unsweetened yogurt, make sure you understand how theyll taste. Unfortunately, without sugar, yogurt can be quite bland.
Therefore, it might be a good idea to first add some of your own touches to enhance the taste.
You May Like: Does Eating Pickles Lower Blood Sugar
Ingredients Needed To Make White Chocolate Chip Muffins From Cake Mix
- Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix. The cake mix contains the powdered cocoa, flour, and other ingredients that can be used to make muffins.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Instant Pudding. Adding dry pudding ingredients gives these muffins both flavor and moisture.
- Eggs. The eggs should be slightly beaten before adding them to this recipe.
- Canola Oil- Feel free to use another similar oil of choice such as vegetable oil.
- Milk– while whole milk will give you a more moist muffin, you could however use an alternative such as a vegan nut milk.
- Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips. You can find sugar free white chocolate chips here.
Keto Sugar Free & Low Calorie Frozen Yoghurt Delight
Organic BAKES & MIXES. Freshly Prepared and Made to Order.
Keto Sugar Free & Low Calorie Frozen Yoghurt Delight. ZERO carbs .
1 minute is all it takes. Really! 1 minute! And it will be ready for the freezer.
This super lush dessert, aka sweet bite, aka fat bomb is simply pefect to curb a sweet tooth any time of the day. And because it is so low in calories, you can even have two!
So how can low calorie be keto, given that ketosis entails eating high fat, medium protein and very low carb foods? Simple. Its all about ratios and portions. The macronutrients for Keto Sugar Free & Low Calorie Frozen Yoghurt Delight are just spot on for keto.
Don’t Miss: Will Watermelon Raise Blood Sugar
How To Make Sugar Free White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Muffins
- First, preheat your oven to 350 and then prep a muffin pan for nonstick. Using liners that are lightly sprayed is what I do in a recipe such as this one.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake mix and pudding, gently breaking up any lumps as needed.
- Next, in a larger bowl, combine together the eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Then you can add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the the chocolate chips. Use any additional chocolate chips as desired to top the muffins before placing them into the oven to bake.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean however, making sure that any melted chocolate does not play a factor in the test.
- Allow the cupcakes to sit in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a rack for cooling.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Muffins
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
How Can You Sweeten Keto
You can sweeten your keto yogurt by simply adding in a sugar replacer or pairing it with other sweet foods to mix in. For example, you can add berries, sugar-free chocolate chips, or something crunchy like nuts or keto granola to make it sweet. You may even enjoy a drizzle of keto-friendly syrup mixed in for a simple, added sweetness.
If youre not into toppings or extra flavor in your yogurt, you can sweeten your yogurt with a sugar replacer. Some of your keto sweetener options include erythritol, monk fruit, or stevia, but we prefer Wondrose Sugar Replacer. Unlike other sweeteners, it has a clean, sweet taste and contains prebiotic fiber to help promote a healthy gut!
Recommended Reading: Can Blood Sugar Cause Dizziness
What Yogurt Can I Eat On Keto
There are quite a few keto approved yogurts out there. These four options are the best tasting and most affordable.
- Fage total The fat content varies between 0% to whole milk . For those who are strictly keto, choose the whole milk versions because they have the least amount of carbs.
- Chobani Like Fage, Chobani has non-fat, low fat, and full fat options. Always choose the natural options as they have no added sugar.
- Ratio One of the best keto flavor options, try the strawberry which is a family favorite.
- Siggis Perhaps the most delicious out of all yogurts, Siggi has several flavors that are keto friendly, including vanilla and coconut.
Keto Yogurt: The Takeaway
Most yogurts, even those high in fat, contain some carbs. So most yogurt, even keto-friendly varieties, should be enjoyed in moderation.
Truly keto yogurt exists, but its rare. And some versions that claim keto-friendly achieve their low carb status by substituting processed vegetable oils for dairy ingredients.
Full-fat Greek yogurt and specialty double cream top yogurts can be keto-friendly, but are best enjoyed in smaller amounts or integrated into a well-formulated keto meal plan.
The best low-carb yogurt for keto weve found is Peak brand 17% triple cream yogurt. But its a small brand and relatively hard to find. keto yo
To meet the fat intake demands of keto, while avoiding processed ingredients and still getting the benefits of probiotics, we recommend substituting yogurt with creme fraiche.
Also Check: How To Get Blood Sugar Up
Making White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Muffins Is Rather Simple To Do
Certainly using cake mix is a hack that makes this recipe even easier.
This is because the cake mix already has the dry ingredients measured and ready to go.
Did you try my Sugar Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe?
That chocolate chip recipe is one that is made from scratch as it is not made with cake mix. Both sugar free chocolate muffin recipes can be a perfect idea for breakfast, brunch, or even as a snack!
To make this recipe you will need To make this recipe you will need sugar free chocolate cake mix . You can find a selection of sugar free chocolate cake mixes here.
Can you use cake mix to make muffins?
The quick answer is yes. This recipe is proof of that.Here is why you can use cake mix to make muffins.Cake mix has most, if not all, of the dry ingredients already measured and ready to go for baking. However, there are other ingredients that are also needed as using just cake mix can result in baking cupcakes.
What does adding pudding mix do for muffins?
Pudding mix is often used to bake cakes and muffins. Because it is baked into the muffins, it is not in the usual soft pudding form.Adding pudding as a dry ingredient however, does help with the chocolate flavor of these muffins. The pudding also adds to the texture, making these muffins so moist as a result.
Here Are Some Tips For Making Sugar Free Muffins From Cake Mix
More helpful tips for you.
Also Check: How To Get Past Sugar Cravings
Is Frozen Yogurt Keto Friendly
We’ve established that unsweetened yogurt may be eaten in moderation while following a ketogenic diet, but that may have opened a can of worms.
Inevitably there are some of you wondering if you can eat frozen yogurt now?
Is frozen yogurt keto friendly? Most frozen yogurts are not keto-friendly since they have been sweetened with added sugars. However, if you have access to certain chains such as Menchies or D’Lites, then you may be in luck.
Unless the establishment offers nutritional information for their yogurt, I would probably avoid it.
Greek Yogurt: Yes Or No
Youre probably wondering if Greek yogurt is also allowed on the keto diet. The short answer is yes and, in fact, in some ways, its better than regular yogurt.
Greek yogurt is much thicker because the whey is strained off of it. Whey is the milk’s watery component. Removing the whey lowers its carb and sugar count. Plus, plain Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt, making it a good alternative to meat-based protein sources.
Lastly, Greek yogurt has a higher fat content than regular yogurt as Ive mentioned, dairy fat is a healthy saturated fat thats ideal for the ketogenic diet.
Also Check: What Causes Elevated Blood Sugar
Other Benefits Of Unsweetened Yogurt
Aside from yogurt potentially helping with weight loss and satiety, yogurt is rich in essential nutrients, high in protein, and a good source of probiotics.
Although, kefir may have a leg up yogurt in terms of potency and diversity containing up to 61 strains of bacteria and yeasts.4
Keto Granola Low Carb
- YOU’LL LOVE IT OR YOU DON’T OWE US A DIME – We know that some healthy food tastes like cardboard. Wonder Granola is different and the moment you take your first bite, you’ll realize it. If you don’t love it , we’ll take it back and give you a full refund.
- KETO FRIENDLY & FULL OF FLAVOR – There are only 3g net carbs per serving, so it’s the perfect keto granola low carb snack for adults and kids. The flavor is phenomenal too. We recommend pairing this granola keto cereal with your milk or yogurt of choice.
- NEVER ANY JUNK SNUCK IN – Sugar free granola. Healthy granola keto crunch with perfectly balanced taste and texture. A low carb paleo and keto snack that does not contain any junky ingredients. ZERO Gluten, Trans Fat, Refined Sugars, Artificial Sweeteners, Corn Syrup, MSG, Preservatives, or Soy.
- KETO, PALEO & DIABETIC FRIENDLY – Low carb granola. Delicious crunchy low carb cereal for keto breakfast or keto yogurt topping. Contains a nutrient-rich blend of Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Pecan Nuts, Chicory Root Fiber, Cinnamon, Rosemary Extract, and Stevia.
- EASY WAY TO START YOUR DAY – Instead of loading your body with sugary-loaded, unhealthy granola and breakfast cereals, switch to our keto nut granola. This keto granola cereal is packed with whole foods and nutrients your body needs to thrive throughout the day.
Also Check: Does Alcohol Raise Your Blood Sugar