Zero Carb Snacks To Make
While its super easy to just grab 0 carb snacks straight from a jar or package like dill pickles or a piece of no carb cheese, sometimes you want to create a batch of your favorite zero carb snacks to make.
Heres a handful of our most favorite and most popular no carb snack recipes you can easily turn into mini meals for lunch or when youre on the go.
Siggi’s Raspberry & Apple No Added Sugar Yogurt
For years now, yogurt has been a go-to, portable, protein-rich snack. “I’m so thankful, though, that Siggi’s now offers ‘no added sugar’ flavors, so I don’t have to waste even a second reading labels,” says Andrews. Pick up this particular version and you’ll get 11 grams protein and only 7 grams carbohydrate in a single-serve container.
Gimme Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks
These 25 calories aren’t full of many macronutrients, but that doesn’t mean they’re empty. Seaweed is rich in micronutrients like focus-strengthening iron, cholesterol-lowering vitamin C, metabolism-regulating iodine, and mood-boosting magnesium. They also offer a low-carb alternative to salty snacks like pretzels.
Read Also: How To Drop Sugar Level
Snacks For When Youre Over Carbs
- Whisps. Cheese lovers, rejoice! You can get your cheese fix with just 1 gram of carbs per serving, and 10 to 12 grams of protein in a crispy crunchy bite.
- Epic Provisions Baked Pork Rinds. While most pork rind products are loaded with sodium and fat from the fryer, these bad boys are light, low carb , and deliver 11 grams of protein per serving.
- Keto Pepperoni Pizza Bagel Bites. Hello, the 90s are calling and they want you to smash some bagel bites! While we cant promise you wont burn your mouth, we can promise this version is low in carbs, crazy delicious, and hella nostalgic.
- Cauliflower hummus. Craving the savory goodness of hummus without the carbs from beans? We got you. This cauliflower dip is loaded with rich sesame flavor and pairs perfectly with crunchy low carb veggies.
- Notty Foods Peppermint Bark. Chocolate thats low carb? What is this sorcery?! This high protein chocolate bark tastes like a handful of Andes chocolates but has no added sugar and 11 grams of protein per serving.
What Foods Have No Carbs
You can consume plenty of foods, but how do you identify the ones with no carbs?
Well, foods rich in proteins and healthy unsaturated fats do not have a lot of carbs as they fall under a different macronutrient category.
So, to curb the consumption of starches and sugars, you could go for protein snacks with few or no carbs, such as the following: .
Read Also: How Much Sugar Does Beer Have In It
Snacks That You Can Prep Ahead Of Time
- Gluten free vegan protein bars. These no-bake bars are gluten free, vegan, and hella tasty, made from a combination of nut butter, maple syrup, flaxseed, oats, and protein powder.
- Peanut sriracha hummus. Add a little kick to your hummus game with this savory and spicy peanut sriracha dip that packs a satisfying combination of protein, fiber, and good fats.
- Protein brownies. With just five ingredient and less than 100 calories and 8 grams of protein per brownie, these little cuties can be baked, frozen, and pulled out for those days you really need a chocolate hit.
- Peanut butter cup quinoa energy bites. These easy energy balls are perfect to beat the mid-morning blues, plus they only have five ingredients .
- Chocolate protein popcorn. We love popcorn, we love chocolate, and we definitely love protein, so this batch-prepped snack is a dream snack morning, noon, or night.
Sweet Bell Peppers And Guacamole
Though their name may imply a high sugar, and thus high carb, content, sweet bell peppers are a low-carb vegetable providing just 3 grams of this nutrient in 1/2 cup .
Theyre also rich in vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient for your heart, immune system, and skin. In fact, one green bell pepper provides more vitamin C than an orange .
Make a quick low-carb guacamole dip for your bell pepper slices by mashing avocado, onion, garlic, lime juice, and salt together in a bowl.
Recommended Reading: Smirnoff Vodka Sugar Content
Olive Tapenade With Low
Olive tapenade consists of chopped olives, capers, and olive oil.
Olives are an excellent low-carb source of vitamin E, which functions as a powerful antioxidant in your body, protecting cells against damage caused by reactive molecules called free radicals .
You can easily make olive tapenade at home by combining chopped olives, capers, garlic, and olive oil. Pair it with a low-carb cracker like those made from almond flour for a crunchy low-carb snack.
Paleohacks Cookbook Review Are These Cookbooks Easy To Follow And Stick To
In todays write-up we will discuss with you a list of the top 16 healthy foods with no carbs and no sugar, or contain very low carbs and sugars.
Eating these in place of junk food will bring in lots of nutrients to your body and allow it to heal naturally If you have diabetes, they are proven to help manage your sugar levels as well. Lets take a look at some of these foods.
Also Check: Hyperglycemic Diet
Biena Baked Chickpea Puffs Aged White Cheddar
These new baked puffs offer 7 grams of plant protein and 11 grams carbohydrate per serving. “They are my favorite high-protein snack when I need something crunchy and salty on long afternoons working,” says Katie Andrews, M.S., RD, of Wellness by Katie. The puffs are made with chickpea flour for a boost of protein and fiber.
Surprisingly high in protein , cottage cheese also gives you healthy amounts of calcium. “I like to add fresh salsa from the refrigerated section of the grocery store to the top of my cottage cheese. That’s my kind of snack,” says Tiffany Davis, chef and co-owner of Nourish Foods Co.
What Does Meats Have No Carbs
So the following are foods with no carbs: Cow beef and veal Pork Lamb Fowl turkey, chicken, duck, goose, cornish hen, quail, etc. Seafood mollusks such as clams and oysters Seafood shellfish such as lobster, shrimp, squid, and crab Seafood all other types of freshwater and saltwater fish, such as catfish, bass, salmon, tuna, trout, flounder, halibut
Recommended Reading: How Long Does Low Blood Sugar Last
Bolthouse Farms Veggie Snackers Carrot Meets Ranch
Just because you’re on a low-carb diet doesn’t mean you have to go hungry. Thanks to their high water content, carrots are one of the most satiating veggies out there, making this grab-and-go snack pack a solid pick. Bonus: The carrots are accompanied by a package of seasoning that punches up the flavor, similar to dips and dressings, but without the excess calories or fat. If you’re worried about the sodium , simply use half of the seasonings packet.
Snacks That Your Kids Will Love Too
- Made Good Granola Minis. Organic, gluten free, allergen free, and packed with one serving of vegetables per pack, these crunchy sweet snacks are a school-safe fave.
- Chocolate dipped banana roll ups. With a high fiber cereal for crunch, some natural nut butter for healthy fats and protein, and a little chocolate to sweeten the deal, these roll up pops are a perfect healthy after school snack.
- Bitsy Cheddar Chia Smart Crackers. Made in a nut-free facility and with the goodness of real veggies and heart-healthy chia seeds, these organic non-GMO snacks give you that junk food vibe without the junk.
- Mini broccoli and cheese egg muffins. Packed with iron, protein and some stealthy veggies, these bite sized savory muffins are perfect for active kids on the go.
- Munk Pack Maple Pear Quinoa Oatmeal Fruit Squeeze Packs. Parents love the convenience from squeeze pouches, and we love that these ones are packed with fiber, plant based protein, real fruit and omega-3 fatty acids! Theyre like overnight oats, without the prep !
- Carrot oat bars. These carrot oat bars are super easy to make in a food processor and can be made ahead of time to enjoy all week long! Theyre also full of fiber and veggies and low in added sugar, but they totally taste like dessert!
Also Check: Is Pedialyte Safe For Diabetics
Sardines On Seed Crackers
Sardines are small, oily fish that are packed with nutrients.
One can of sardines has zero carbs and 23 grams of protein. These fish are also an excellent source of calcium, providing 27% of the Reference Daily Intake for this mineral.
Try pairing sardines with low-carb chia- and flaxseed crackers for a crunchy and nutritious low-carb snack.
What To Eat On A No
The USDA recommends eating a well-balanced diet including fruits, grains, legumes, whole grains, vegetables, protein, and dairy products. In addition, its advised to limit added sugar to no more than 10 % of daily calories .
Its important to include whole foods into your ration to get all essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Many vegetables and foods like meats, fish, eggs, cheeses, avocados are sugar-free. Therefore, they are always a safe option when you are hungry.
You May Like: What To Do To Bring Sugar Level Down
What Happens When You Stop Eating Carbs For A Month
This is called ketosis. Ketosis can cause side effects such as bad breath, headache, fatigue and weakness. Its not clear what kind of possible long-term health risks a low-carb diet may pose. Restricting carbs in the long term they may result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies and gastrointestinal disturbances.
Fresh Veggies With Tzatziki Dip
Tzatziki is a Greek sauce made from plain yogurt, garlic, and cucumbers. Fresh herbs like dill and parsley are often added as well.
Two tablespoons of tzatziki dip provide only 2 grams of carbs, making it an excellent low-carb choice.
Pair the dip with fresh, low-carb veggies like broccoli, celery sticks, or baby carrots.
Also Check: 15-15-15 Rule Hypoglycemia
Baked Egg In A Bell Pepper
Did you realize you can bake an egg inside nearly any vegetable to make an intensely satisfying low-carb snack? To make this version, just crack an egg into half of a hollowed bell pepper and bake at 325 degrees until the egg is cooked to your liking. The heat from baking will make the bell peppers soft and sweet, a perfect compliment to the salty, creamy eggs.
Health Warrior Chia Bar Coconut
They’re mini, but chia seeds are also pretty mighty. Rich in heart-healthy, brain-protecting omega-3s and belly-filling fiber, this bar is going to accelerate your weight loss goals, especially when paired with the cashew butter and almonds in this bar. So good, in fact, it made our list of 16 Best Nutrition Bars for Every Goal.
Also Check: Which Fruit Contains The Most Sugar
Work Out On A Regular Basis
It will help you reduce stress levels and boost your energy.Plus, exercise burns extra calories and trains your muscles, making your body toned and beautiful. There are different types of workouts out there, and you should create your workout plan taking into account your physical abilities, the amount of time youre ready to dedicate to training, and your goals regarding physical shape. For example, while whole-body workouts are best for weight loss and overall fitness, split workouts tend to work better for more professional trainers. Learn more about the types of workouts for weight loss and their specificities here, and combine the no-sugar diet with a sensible workout plan to achieve the most impressive results.
Guacamole + Daikon Radish
White daikon radishes have a milder flavor than their peppery red counterparts. Daikon radishes are sweet, fresh, and crispy. Slice them up to make the perfect low-carb chips to pair with fresh guacamole. Swapping daikon radish for tortilla chips doesnt just help you cut carbs it also provides you with a healthy dose of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium, and iron. Heres another guacamole recipe you can try for your next meal.
Read Also: How To Get Off Sugar And Carbs
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Seeds And Nut Granola
As a private chef, cookbook author, and TV personality, Mark Bailey recommends this blend because it’s filling, will satisfy a sweet craving in a nutritious way, and is loaded with probiotics for digestive health. “Plus, using Greek yogurt in this parfait offers more protein per serving than regular yogurt,” he says. Take note of our exclusive report on the best and worst Greek yogurts so that you pick the right one!
Quinoa Chickpea Feta Greek Salad
Quinoa not only has eight grams of protein per cup, but it’s one of the few vegetarian sources of complete protein, which means that it has all nine essential amino acids that are needed by our bodies. “Once a week, cook up a batch of quinoa so you always have it on standby,” suggests Werner-Gray. “Enjoy a few spoonfuls for a quick high protein low carb snack and you can freshen it up each time with spices or sauces or raw elements like cucumber, cilantro, and avocado.
Read Also: Does Smirnoff Have Sugar
What Fruits Can You Eat On A No Carb No Sugar Diet
How to Cut: Watermelon
- Berries. Berries are a popular choice for people watching their carb intake.
- Cantaloupe. This popular orange melon is great on a hot summer day and contains only 8.16 g of carbohydrates and 0.9 g of fiber per 100 g of fruit, netting only 7.26 g of carbohydrates.
Zero Net Carb Snacks: 10 No Carb Snacks That Will Make Carb Counting A Breeze
The Keto diet is extremely effective at reducing your hunger and cravings. But that doesnt mean we dont want a yummy Keto snack every now and then! While there are many Keto snacks on the market nowadays , sometimes you need a snack that will still allow you to use your daily carbs elsewhere. And thats where these delicious zero net carb snacks come to the rescue!
Zero carb snacks are the perfect way to optimize your macros and indulge without blowing your carb count! These snacks are perfect to munch on while traveling, during a busy day, or for a mid-day nosh. No carb snacks take the guesswork and worry out of carb counting to make your Keto diet easy as pie!
Keep reading for a list of our ten favorite zero net carb snacks that will keep you effortlessly on track. And if you dont see your favorite no carb option on the list, be sure to drop a comment for your fellow Ketoers!
First on our list is the classic original beef stick from Chomps. Theyre one of the leading companies in the sugar-free meat stick space, and were big fans! Their original flavor beef stick is Keto certified, Whole 30 approved, and gluten free. Rolling in with nine grams of protein, zero sugar, and of course zero carb what more could you ask for?
Recommended Reading: Which Cells Produce Hormones To Regulate Blood Sugar
Celery And Canned Salmon
Celery is primarily water and fiber and is very low in carbs.Eating a high-fiber diet can help make you feel full and even lower cholesterol, Gariglio-Clelland states. Topping celery with salmon provides heart-healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids which can help lower blood fat levels and reduce inflammation.
Good Health Half Naked Popcorn Hint Of Olive Oil
Some olive oil mixed into your popcorn? Yes, please. Again, there is zero added sugar here, and you get more than 20 grams of whole grains per serving. Pack some of this stuff in little bags for you to grab and go, and to prevent you from eating a whole bag in one sitting.
If you’re looking for a perfectly crunchy afternoon pick-me-up, these bean snacks are for you. Brami is inspired by lupini beans in Italy, where they eat the beans lightly pickled. It is a bit higher in sodium, but again, there are no added sugars here, and it’s a snack that is high in plant protein and fiber and very low in calories, fat, carbs, and sugar.
Also Check: Can Too Much Sugar Cause Seizures
Carrot Sticks With Peanut Butter
Dipping your carrots into creamy peanut butter is one of the ways you can eat a low-carb delicious snack.
A half-cup of carrot sticks with two tablespoons of peanut butter will only give you a total of 13 grams of carbohydrates.
Note that many peanut butter brands will have a lot of sugars. So be keen to choose a natural variety made of peanuts and salt only.
Sweet Low Carb Snacks
These sweet low-carb snacks are the type that satisfy your craving for something sweet without blowing your diet out the window.
¾ cup pudding = 10 grams net carbsThick and delicious its everything you want from dessert around the holidays.
Recipe: Avocado Chocolate Smoothie 1 smoothie = 6 grams of net carbs. Carb count depends on the type of protein powder used. I use a chocolate, low-carb plant-based protein option. My go-to mid-morning snack when I followed a strict keto diet that packs lots of nutrition per serving with minimal impact.
1 cup = 4.5 net carbsFor cold days when coffee isnt an option.
1 bite = 6.5 grams net carbsI love making these ahead of time and packing them for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Recipe: Dairy-Free Yogurt with ½ cup diced strawberries½ cup yogurt + ¼ cup berries = 10 net carbsI use 1 packet of stevia per serving and keep this low carb. Its much better and cheaper than store-bought dairy-free yogurts.
Don’t Miss: What Fruit Has The Highest Sugar